4.16.2012

Workin on my fitness.

Yes. I'm ashamed I just quoted Fergie. But only a little.

Since the start of this year, I've been focused on healthy, as whole, local, and organic as possible, eating. Along with working to get as many chemicals as possible out of my house. I've always been a big fan of cooking, so this was so fun for me to start trying all those recipes I've pinned on Pinterest. Except the desserts. If you follow me, I'm sorry for all the desserts...just know I've never made one. Looking is all the fun I have.

Chris started this diet (that ReShape the Nation stuff) a couple weeks ago, so I haven't had the freedom in cooking I did before. No more wine reductions or cream sauces and hardly any potatoes. It's stifling my creativity. But I know it's good for him (us both) so I'm sucking it up...but clearly still whining about it.

As far as other things I've made for the house, I've made the laundry detergent, dishwasher detergent (but I didn't love it and went back to store bought), all-purpose cleaner, a few different bug repellant/bait/traps, flea repellant for the dogs, and body washes. I've also treated minor burns/scrapes, bug bites, headaches, cramps, and congestion with only essential oils. Most everything I've made can be made very inexpensively. And I use the oil cleansing method for my face, and it's amazing. My skin has never been this good looking. Check out www.crunchybetty.com if you're interested in any of this. She has great stuff to get you started!

I'm proud to say boyfriend has lost 13 lbs. in the past two weeks, which brings him down 35 lbs. overall! I weighed this morning, and I gained a pound. Ugh. But also, I have bloating to thank for some of that. (thanks a lot, Eve) TMI? No? Ok.

He's also been working out though, and I certainly have not. While I haven't seen much weight come off, I have been able to hop down a size in jeans, and wear some things I haven't worn in quite a while. So that's good.

But, now I'm finished being lazy and expecting the weigh to just drop off from changing my eating habits. It's time to force it off. I bought the Couch to 5k app, and I don't care if I have to run in place in the living room while the baby is napping, I'm going to do it.
And you should hold me to it.

No comments: