Good reads?

I mentioned last time a couple of books that I'd been reading for our pre-marital counseling, and they're both amazing. I've since finished Real Marriage, and I can't say enough good things about it. So good. So real. So hard.

I'm now reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility, because I'd rather use a natural and non-medicinal form of contraceptive (and then later, to conceive). It is so incredibly informative and well-written. I really wasn't looking forward to reading it, thinking it would read like a textbook. But Toni Weschler does a great job of adding humor and wit just when you need it. And seriously, there's so much I didn't know about my own body, I'm kind of ashamed. I personally would suggest every woman read this book. I hope there is/will be a teen version, in case I ever have a daughter. My teen and early adult years would have been much less stressful and awkward if I had known some of the stuff in this book.

Now, here's where I need your help. I would like to read a (some) good book(s) on biblical wifehood. The partnership, I think I have a good library to choose from. But I'd really like to find good perspectives on being a biblical wife, specifically. I have been lucky enough to know several Godly women, but you rarely ever see the inter-workings of another person's marriage. Not the really real stuff. That's what I need. I definitely want to do my homework, because living biblically doesn't come easily or naturally for any of us!

Suggestions of great reads greatly appreciated!


Matt and Jenni said...

Most of my books on marriage are Catholic in nature. And speaking of which Matt and I have used Natural Family Planning for years with great success so if you have any questions, let me know! We use the sympto-thermal method taught in the Art of Natural Family Planning. I'm not sure what method your book teaches.

andrea said...

Oh gosh, I guess I should have said that! Yes, this book teaches the Fertility Awareness Method, which is sympto-thermal. And I will definitely come to you if I have any questions!