10.22.2012

Good reads.

This is definitely something I should write about more, mainly because I should read more. And truthfully, the last few books I've read have a limited audience. For example, with a pregnant best friend (until about 5 weeks ago!) I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" and "The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy" in order to be the informed, supportive friend. I suggest the latter if you're looking for humor with some real-life tips, and the former if you want just the facts.

The book I'm currently reading is also utilitarian, of sorts. For our pre-marital counseling, our good friend and minister, Walt (the husband of my best friend!), suggested "Real Marriage" by Mark and Grace Driscoll and "A Celebration of Sex".

So I've started "Real Marriage", and it is fantastic. It's hard. It forces you to deal with some heavy stuff, but it is so worth it. I would recommend it to any couple who is married or close to being married.

And speaking of that, we're going on a little more than 5 months! Yay!

(We're supposed to wait until about a month before the wedding to crack open "A Celebration of Sex", but I've heard great things about it)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Two other really good marriage books are "Sacred Marriage" by Gary Thomas and also "The Meaning of Marriage" by Timothy Keller.

Andrea said...

Thanks! I'll check those out!